A Cold Air Intake System relocates the filter outside of the engine compartment to deliver the coolest air inlet temperatures possible. Cooler air carries more oxygen, which translates into a more intense explosion in the combustion chamber to create more horsepower and torque. But that's only part of the power equation. Tuning the inlet pipe in length and diameter to match the engine's resonance helps move more air to the cylinders (think of your engine as a big air pump), and this tuning allows us to deliver the maximum power gains throughout the entire RPM range.
- K&N Style Air Filter
- Heat Shields
- Silicone Coupler
- Gains over 12+ rwhp
- V8 Engines Only
- 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L Engines
- Crinkle Black Aluminum Tubing
- 1999-2006 Chevrolet Truck & SUV (2wd/4wd) 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L
- 1999-2006 GMC Truck & SUV (2wd/4wd) 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L
- 1999-2006 CadillacTruck & SUV (2wd/4wd) 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L
- 2001-2006 Chevrolet Avalanche (2wd/4wd) 4.8L, 5.3L, 6.0L
Note: No instructions are included with this intake kit.
- Additional Information
SKU 29-1001 Manufacturer Speed Engineering
Customer Reviews 3 item(s)
- Great product for the price
- I really liked the black wrinkle finish. You could tell the hardware was on the cheaper side but everything fit together good. First drive impression was amazing. It was so much louder than stock. Not sure if it added more power but definitely sounds better when accelerating. Not that I expect a lot from just an intake on a stock 2005 5.3l. Looking forward to buying the long tubes and full exhaust next
- Awesome product
The intake fit's beautifully, It only takes about 20-30 minutes to install, The parts are of great quality
My truck has a noticeable difference around 2500 rpm and up, Speed-Engineering shorty headers are now on my list
- Good product for the price. Would buy again.
- Fit and finish was much better than expected for a budget intake system. The weather striping to seal the intake from the engine bay leaves much to be desired but a trip to the parts store will fix that. Also no directions. Not that they are really needed.